20 May 2015
Hermana Katelyn Lavon Parkin Andalien
Dear Hermana Parkin,
The decision to extend a call to you to serve as a Sister Training Leader was made after careful and prayerful consideration. We commend you for your faithfulness, your worthiness, and desire to serve our Father in Heaven.
As you are well aware, leadership carries with it great responsibility. To be really effective as a leader, you must first strive to be a perfect example of obedience and righteousness. We encourage you to keep the commandments and live the mission rules with exactness and expect no less from those you lead.
As a Sister Training Leader, you should:
- Set an example for the missionaries in your group in your study of the scriptures and the gospel, obedience, hard work, proselyting skills, and other aspects of missionary work.
- Carry a full proselyting load in your assigned sector and commit to baptize regularly.
- Train, teach, and inspire the missionaries during studies and companion exchanges.
- Look after the well-being of missionaries in your group.
- Make sure relationships between elders and sisters are in harmony with gospel teachings and missionary standards.
- Demonstrate effective planning.
- Work with local priesthood leaders and members.
- Submit reports accurately and promptly.
We encourage you to prayerfully consider the Lord´s counsel on leadership found in D&C 121:34-46. As the Savior´s example and teachings make clear, to lead is to serve, and our love for God and our fellow men must motivate our every action. As a leader, you will require the help of the Holy Spirit to maintain high standards and at the same time be meek and humble.
We love you and know that the Lord loves you. Through your faithful service in this calling you can demonstrate your love and devotion to the Lord. We pray for the Lord´s blessings to be with you as you serve in this sacred calling.
Sincerely,Kent J. ArringtonMission President